Graphics: PNGstarted by Mattman on Jan 8, 2004 — RSS Feed
PNG seems like a geat graphics format but does anybody use it? How well is it supported in browsers?
PNG-8 is a good alternative to GIF, usually giving a smaller file size. Most browsers support PNG at a basic level but support for some of the more interesting transparency and gamma correction features is still sketchy.
For a while, when it looked like GIF usage was going to be restricted because of patent problems, people experimented with PNG-8 but I don't think it has really taken off.
PNG-24 is less useful. JPEGs always come out smaller - but if you need the alpha channel support for multiple levels of transparency, it's the only option.
PNG 24/32 is however very important as the main format used by Fireworks - it has the advantage (although not always utilised) of having the ability to hold vector and bitmap information.
You'll find it's almost always worth keeping the base Fireworks files you eventually export to GIF or JPEG, so you can easily edit them in the future
I made this a short while ago: http://dev.jdenny.co.uk/image_formats/comp.html
I quick and dirty (and incomplete) guide to choosing what image formats to use in web pages. PLUS a fix to make IE display variable transparencie PNG's!!!
- RajaPoker88.com Agen Texas Poker Dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya
- IDRPoker.COM Agen Texas Poker dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya
- POKERSTAR88.com Agen Texas Poker Dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya
- DaunPKR.com Agen Poker Domino Online Indonesia Terbaik Terbesar Dan Terpercaya
- PokerPelangi.com Agen Texas Poker Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya
- IRpoker.COM Agen Judi Poker Online , Agen Judi Domino Online Indonesia Aman & Terpercaya
- Cipto Junaedy
- Ponsel Android Terbaik
- Cipto Junaedy
TOP SEO | Jasa SEO Profesional RajaPoker88.com Agen Texas Poker Dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya IDRPoker.COM Agen Texas Poker dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya POKERSTAR88.com Agen Texas Poker Dan Domino Online Indonesia Terpercaya D
You must login to reply