Web Design Software: Table bugs in Dreamweaver MX 2004

started by Vladimir on Jan 27, 2004 — RSS Feed

Vladimir Vladimir

Hi, has anyone discovered that there are LOTS of annoying bugs when editing text within tables in Dreamweaver MX 2004? Sometimes when I highlight something, something else on the page gets highlighted too. When I try to type after I selected some text, the new text goes after the text and does not replace the text as I originally wanted it to.

Please help. I will also try to report this to Macromedia. Thanks.

Joe Gillespie Joe Gillespie

Macromedia knows about the problem, it's been on all the DW bulletin boards. On Mac OSX, text editing in Dreamweaver is almost useless if there's more than a few hundred characters. It's never been good but now it's type a letter, run round the block, type another.

'Shoot themselves in the foot' is a phrase I've heard bandied around.

Adobe GoLive is equally frustrating. After five minutes, the ability to copy and paste disappears but at least the rest of the text editing works.

Both editors are now using Opera as a rendering engine and I hate to say it but Opera is not faultless at displaying text either. I can't imagine why they both choose Opera over Gecko!

Vladimir Vladimir

Thanks. I guess the only thing we can do now is wait for future patches or use DWMX in the meantime.

Vladimir Vladimir

Finally! The DW 2004 Updater 7.0.1 is now available on Macromedia.com!  

I tried it and the text/table selection problems are fixed, among other things. However, it did not speed up startup by 50% as promoted by Macromedia.  >

Did anyone else download it? What do you think about it?  

Joe Gillespie Joe Gillespie

The text editing slowness seems to have been fixed but I don't like/use Dreamweaver so I didn't spend any significant time with it.

You must login to reply