WPDFD Articles: What we should learn from HTML5 and CSS3?started by Mark Spenser on Aug 7, 2010 — RSS Feed
This specification defines the 5th major revision of the core language of the World Wide Web: the Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). In this version, new features are introduced to help Web application authors, new elements are introduced based on research into prevailing authoring practices, and special attention has been given to defining clear conformance criteria for user agents in an effort to improve interoperability.
The new version sports new markup elements and simplified code for consistency and neater code.
Some tags have been deprecated in the new version in favour of implementing those attributes in CSS.
Learn From HTML5 and CSS3:
I think html5 and css3 got immense popularity for web designers also web developers since they offer stunning look, efficient code technology etc. For web conversion purpose like psd to html html5 increase better code opportunity. Also for psd to css, css3 makes major contribution in easy and elegant font code style, better code flexibility.
HTML5 caught my curiosity that's why I'm interested to have a deeper learning of it. Thanks for giving more emphasis on it.
Does anyone know how to get HTML5 canvas to work in Internet Explorer? I tries to do it using excanvas and jqcanvas but couldn't work out how to use them.
HTML5 and CSS3 has brought lots of things to the web design and web development world. There are few,
* It would be worth mentioning that both HTML5 and CSS3 offer you with readable codes and semantically meaningful layouts.
* As there are lot of tutorials available, any body with the zeal of creating new designs will be able to produce extraordinary layouts with these two technologies.
* Needless to mention, though both of these technologies are still under development, most of the browsers and mobile devices already support HTML 5 and CSS3.
* HTML 5 has the added support for and tags , enabling the developers to use multimedia content using simple, meaningful and easy – to - maintain markup.
* The codes through HTML 5 can place a video on a page with visible controls to pause, play and scrub through the video files which is not possible otherwise.
* Designers get the power of embedding audio, video and vector graphics into your web pages without the usage of flash.
* Methodologies in modern web development like client side storage, offline caching and cross document messaging are made easy with the usage of these two technologies .
* CSS3 makes layout design so simple and easy. Both HTML5 and CSS3 help the designer work and give you results which are compatible with the previous version of the browsers also which could have been much difficult otherwise .
* On the whole, the new HTML5 features enhances the developers to avoid wasting time in creating custom tools or using third – party solutions.
* HTML 5 also has the facility of inclusion of fallback content for non supporting browsers.
I am Nir smith. I want to learn CSS. Can you help me...? Please...!!
What we should learn from it? Well, I would say learn it, but do not implement it until all browsers are compatible. And yes, I know that all modern browsers are compatible, but at the moment the uptake is nowhere near 100%, or even 50% for that matter. So if you are going to implement the new features, make sure they degrade gracefully in older browsers or you will have lost half of your audience already.
many designers are reluctant to embrace the new technologies such as CSS3 or HTML5 because of the lack of full cross-browser support for these technologies. Many designers are complaining about the numerous ways how the lack of cross-browser compatibility is effectively holding us back and tying our hands — keeping us from completely being able to shine and show off the full scope of our abilities in our work. Many are holding on to the notion that once this push is made, we will wake to a whole new Web — full of exciting opportunities just waiting on the other side. So they wait for this day. When in reality, they are effectively waiting for Godot.
Online is the best way to learn anything..Because there are so many sites available for learning HTML,CSS,Asp.net and other language..Website provide Complete data regarding your lanaguages.
Some of the most notable changes in HTML5 are the addition of tags to support multimedia elements and dynamic graphics. This includes the tag for playing sound, the tag for video playback, and the tag for dynamic graphics, all within the web browser, and without reliance upon external software.
W3schools.com is a great sources of html5 and css3.
I think you can visit W3school.com, its very helpful to you and very easily to learn lots of languages with them. so please visit it.
Web Design Company in London
HTML5/CSS3 is perfectly valid to use and it has been for awhile with support continuously growing. So you may have to hold IE’s hand a bit (older versions), that’s not the end of the world. Any developer worth their salt would recognize this and instead of digging in their heels find ways to embrace this change and evolve.
I got tired of seeing so many references regarding IE6. Please refer to the following site set up by Microsoft themselves
Start w3schools.com it's better for learning.
Queens Web Design
HTMl 5 and CSS3 works on just about every platform, is compatible with older browsers, and handles errors gracefully. You can create powerful, easy-to-maintain, future-proof web pages.
YOUTUBE will turn you into an expert in HTML
Online is the best way to learn anything..Because there are so many sites available for learning HTML,CSS,Asp.net and other language.
affordable seo packages
I think HTML5 and CSS3 have gained lot of popularity.It advanced features are very good and it helps to enhance our work.
seo company Australia
Adum Paul said:
W3schools.com is a great sources of html5 and css3.
Indeed! This is the most fully resources for tutorial and explanation. If you have the time and the passion to learn this is the best place.
Affordable website designer Affordable website designer
Ann Jose said:
Start w3schools.com it's better for learning.Thanks
and web test
I don't recommend w3schools cause I used it before and it turned out to be unorganized website which confused all my info of the HTML..
You must login to reply